MEASURING FOR DELIVERY
We are excited to deliver your Sixpenny purchase into your space. To insure a successful delivery, we encourage you to follow our suggestions below.
Consider Furniture Dimensions
- All product detail pages include dimensions for Length, Width & Height (inches).
- Our furniture measurements are calculated from each piece’s widest or tallest point. This means items with an overhang, angle, non-removable feet or outward curve are included in the overall dimensions.
- Also consider the diagonal depth of sofas, chairs, and desks.
- For bookcases, entertainment centers, armoires, and other tall pieces of furniture, measure the diagonal height (from the bottom left corner to the top right corner).
Measure Your Space
- Measure the heights and widths of entryways and hallways both inside and outside your home.
- Measure your entry clearance – which is the distance from the wall, through the doorway to the opposite wall.
- Factor in ceiling height, stairways, banisters, corners and low hanging lights.
- Determine the optimal pathway from outside your home to the room where your new piece will be placed.
- If you live in a building with an elevator, measure the height of the door, as well as the inside space to ensure it is large enough.
- Be sure to account for any architectural details when taking measurements.
- Before delivery, remove any frame or artwork from walls to avoid bumps and scratches.
- Remove any potential obstacles between the door and your furniture’s final placements.
- Please confine pets to avoid interference with the delivery team.
- We also recommend creating a cardboard template in the size of the new furniture or using masking